So what is the Brocathalon all about? Well, aside from a run or jog through the city to lose a few of the pounds that you're bound to put on after Summer ends, it's about seeing the best of Pittsburgh. Like the museums, the food, and even the potholes. Check out the events below:
- A. Pothole Challenge - run through an obstacle course of the best kind to start off the race. The Pittsburgh Pothole challenge will get you started right (or wrong)!
- B. Pop Art Painting - Let the spirit of Andy Warhol guide you as you and thousands of other runner help to create a pop art masterpiece that will be auctioned off for charity.
- C. To Be Announced
- D. Wabash Tunnel Bash - Crawl through the tunnels of Pittsburgh like every other driver ever to commute in Pittsburgh: slow and unreasonably scared.
- E. Coleslaw and Fries - Pittsburgh is famous for it's food, and now you get to run through some slaw (don't worry, there's no slimy topping) in our Pittsburgh Sandwich challenge.
- F. Night of the Walking Dead Zombie Attacks - Did you know the zombie craze got started in Pittsburgh? Now you get to see some of Pittsburgh's best un-dead.
- G. To Be Announced
- H. The Bonds Blast - get through a barrage of balls being wailed at you from right field. You better run faster than Sid Bream to get through this.
- I. The Quaker State Wings Challenge - Do you want mild or a mouth-on-fire hot mess? Down some wings for some protein to finish off your run.
- J. Championship Drive - It's going to be an immaculate reception at the finish line, so finish strong with a crowd of champions cheering you on.
You'll also have access to the post-race party featuring food, fun, and your Super Bowl Champion emcees. Plus, with every registration you'll get your own t-shirt which you can check out on the registration page. Just click that big icon that says "Register Here" and you'll be on your way!
*Events subject to change.