In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the above referenced Bro Council Brocathalon competition(s), race(s), related events (the "Event") and/or activities, I, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury and/or death from the activities involved in the Brocathalon and its related events is significant including, but not limited to the following: (i) drowning; (ii) near-drowning; (iii) sprains; (iv) strains; (v) fractures; (vi) heat and cold injuries; (vii) over-use syndrome; (viii) injuries involving vehicles; (ix) animal bites and/or stings; (x) contact with poisonous plants; (xi) accidents involving, but not limited to paddling, climbing, biking, hiking, skiing, snow shoeing, travel by boat, truck, car, or other convenience; and (xii) the potential for permanent paralysis and/or death. While particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation;
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual and/or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official;
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and/or next of kin, forever WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE Bro Council, LLC, and their officers, directors, representatives, officials, agents and/or employees, subsidiaries, and/or assigns, as well as their independent contractors, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the Event (collectively, the "Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, and/or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Releasees from any loss, liability, cost, claim or damages arising from my participation in or association with activities and events organized and sponsored by the Bro Council, LLC and/or brocouncil.com, or connected with the Events.
5. I attest and verify that I am free from all illnesses, injuries and defects and that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in all activities associated with the Events. My participation in activities and events organized or sponsored by Bro Council, LLC is entirely voluntary.
6. I consent to administration of first aid and other medical treatment in the event of injury or illness and hereby release and indemnify Releasees from any and all liability or claims arising out of such treatment.
7. The Releasees reserve the right, in its sole determination, to postpone, cancel, or modify the event due to weather conditions or other factors beyond the control of the Releasees that might affect the health and/or safety of the participants. No refunds will be granted.
8. I grant full permission to Releaseees, as described above, to use photographs, images, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of the activities of the Events for any legitimate purpose in perpetuity and I understand that I shall not be entitled to any compensation therefore.
9. I hereby grant permission gratis to the Releasees to film, videotape and record gratis the performance of the above named participant (referred to herein as “I”, “me”, “my”) as it relates to the Event and subsequently to telecast and otherwise utilize the same gratis in whatever manner Releasees shall deem appropriate. Such permission shall include the unlimited right to appropriate use gratis by Releasees of my name, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photograph, signature facsimile, and biographical information in connection with the Event. I acknowledge that Releasees and their representatives shall have the unlimited right throughout the universe to copyright, use, reuse, publish, republish, broadcast and otherwise distribute all or any portion of the Event in which I may appear on any and all radio, network, cable and local television programs and in any print materials and in any other format or media (including electronic media) now know or hereinafter devised in perpetuity without compensation. In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in the Event, I release and agree not to sue the Releasees from all present and future claims regarding my participation in the Events that may be made by me, my family, estate heirs, or assigns. When registering online, accepting the waiver shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED, if I have not signed this waiver before the start of the event.
10. There are no refunds on purchases of event registration, and I understand the date and location may change due to unforseen circumstances.
11. I agree not to participate unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
12. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the race, which decision is at the sole discretion of the race official and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
13. I agree that Bro Council, LLC is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen, stained or damaged at or during the event.
14. I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Assumption and Release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
15. I understand that all entries are final with no refunds.
16. The official race directors reserve the right in any event of emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the race and in the event of cancellation or change there is no refund of entry fees.
17. Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times, including obeying all laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment and facilities and cooperative, positive participation. Bro Council, LLC may dismiss, without refund, anyone whose behavior endangers safety or negatively affects a race, a person, a facility or property of any type or kind.
18. I agree to indemnify Bro Council, LLC, its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions.
19. I understand that some of the course may go through water or mud, which has not been tested for chemicals or disease.
20. I am at least 18 years old, OR I am under the age of 18 and in addition to me my Parent/Guardian has reviewed this waiver and consented to its terms.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT, AND AGREE FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. When registering online, accepting the waiver shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED, if I have not signed this waiver before the start of the event.